Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
weight loss plateau in times of stress
03-07-2012, 04:18 AM
weight loss plateau in times of stress
This week was pretty stressful for a few of my weight loss clients. Both are relatively new to our program, 1 is male, 1 is a female. My male client had a family member pass away this week, and despite exercising and staying on his diet, he did not see the scale budge. My female client has a younger sibling she takes care of, and he was involved in a car accident, in which 1 person died. Her scale didn't budge either. Again, both of these people stayed on their diet, and exercised. How frustrating! This is a perfect example of why stressed individuals tend to become obese. Not only does the stress hormone, cortisol, make it near impossible to lose weight, it actually triggers cravings for high fat and simple carb food! When attempting to lose weight, it is so important to take stress seriously. A person may not be able to completely remove the event, person, thing, etc that is causing the stress, but it helps to recognize its presence. Hoping for a low stress week this time!!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2012, 05:47 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2012 05:50 PM by Linda.)
RE: weight loss plateau in times of stress
Hi Katie,

Controling food cravings can be extremely hard when one is stressed. Additionally doing exercise can be equally hard. But if one can keep on track then nothing like it.
09-06-2013, 01:24 PM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2013 07:16 PM by Honey45.)
RE: weight loss plateau in times of stress
Hey Katie, I am not actually not a weight lose member here.. But going to start following diet plan.. But now a days I am in full stress, even I don't walk consistently either in diet or so.. Actually Some how facing breath problems.. So please let me inform about any specific chart or diet plan to be follow in this situation.. I'm curious to get it.. Thanks in advance.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Diabetes and weight loss chaitra 7 1,833 12-26-2013 09:21 PM
Last Post: Fabian
Star Malnutrition; Consequence of Unhealthy Weight Loss nnob89 2 2,628 09-11-2013 09:30 PM
Last Post: Aldan55
  Stress and weight gain - Is there a connection between the two. Linda 7 2,508 08-09-2012 04:06 PM
Last Post: Cary
Shocked Weight loss and its Underlying Medical Condition nnob89 3 3,197 06-30-2012 08:21 PM
Last Post: kellijonez
Big Grin Does Hospitalization Cause Weight Loss? nnob89 1 2,290 02-21-2012 05:02 PM
Last Post: stephanwally

DISCLAIMER: Although this forum contains useful information on several topics, it is not a substitute for an experts advice. We take no responsibility for accuracy of information provided and do not endorse any plans or products. Before following any advice consult your doctor. In case some post damages your benefits or violate your rights, please report it and we'll remove it. Full Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. | Contact us | Mobile Version